Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fishing







This post is specifically for Jim and Sandie. You had asked about the fishing at Marina Bay RV Resort, and I had said that people were fishing, but not a lot of catching... Well, yesterday, a fisherman who has been very patient and has told me the fishing there is good, caught a flounder about 8 inches long. This was the first fish I've seen caught on a line since I've been there. This morning, he walked by with a two or three pound red. As we were hooking up the Jeep to leave the park, I glanced toward the water and saw him pulling at what appeared to be a snag. Check out the photos of the snag. 14lb test line on light gear, guessing 40-60 pound red. Wait for our next update, the Colorado River meets the Gulf of Mexico at this RV park. Fishing looks fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I don't dare show this to Jim. He'll get the shakes because he hasn't been able to do any fishing because of the weather. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
We began full-time RVing on 06/30/2009 starting immediately after settlement on our home in southeastern PA. We hope to see a lot of what this country has to offer in the next few years.